Thursday 24 January 2013

#13 'CONSTELLATION': ARTIST'S TOUR

-Weds 19th Jan, 1pm, Plymouth Arts Centre. Free


(Image © PVAC)

At the invitation of PVAC (Plymouth Visual Arts Consortium) I gave a tour of my exhibition as the first event in 'Constallation', an events series leading up to the arrival of the British Art Show 7 in Plymouth in September 2011.

Leading a walk through discussion of the show I began by explaining how I had arrived in Plymouth, the nature of the residency and how the exhibition had come together. Spending about 30 mins in each gallery I described my ambitions and responses to each work and their position in the room, then we moved to the cafe for a complimentary afternoon tea and a relaxed conversation about each of our working practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment