Thursday 13 January 2011

#8 'EMPTY GALLERY INTERVIEW' Pt 2

-6pm, Mon 5th January, 2011, Plymouth Arts Centre



The second of two 'Empty Gallery Interview' events during my residency. Devised by Claire Nichols, they are described as 'anticipatory dialogues' that foreground the artists relationship to the gallery space, before any work has been installed.

I chose to offer the hosting of the event to Plymouth artist run space Project Space 11, who led the conversation, asked the set EGI questions and invited responses from the audience as we roamed the three empty spaces and I tried to describe what I would be doing with them. As this was still by no means certain this was also an excercise for me to test out my ideas for the installation.

Recorded in stills and audio, both will be available here and on the EGI and PS11 websites soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment